About Dan Daugaard
MEc BEc(Macq) CFA
Dan is the Director of the CFA Institute Affiliation Program with Macquarie University and Director for the Funds & Wealth Management Stream. Dan was formerly an Associate Director with a large Australian fund manager and has extensive experience in managing portfolios and the research and development of innovative investment products. He has also consulted to a wide range of enterprises on risk management, derivative instruments and the practical implementation of finance concepts. His current teaching interests include supervising students writing Harvard style cases on industry-relevant issues such as Geopolitics; Environmental, Social and Governance investing; ETFs; and Quant investing.
- Global tactical asset allocation
- Dynamic investment strategies
- Stock selection techniques for equity and fixed interest portfolios
- "Managing Trading Operations" and "The Fixed Rate Home Loan Debacle", Readings in Financial Institution Management, edited by T. Valentine and G. Ford, Allen and Unwin, 1999.
- "Capital Protection Strategies", Journal of Applied Finance and Investment, Volume 1, No. 1, May/June 1996. Financial Risk Management: A Practical Approach to Derivatives, a User's Guide for Fund Managers and Corporate Treasurers, with T. Valentine, Harper-Collins, 1995.
- "Golden Triangle - Futures, Options and Swaps", with T. Valentine, Journal of the Securities Institute of Australia, March 1993. This article earned a JASSA Merit Award in March 1994.
- "The Banks", with T. Valentine, The Australian Financial System, edited by M. Lewis and R. Wallace, Longman Cheshire, 1993.