About Dan Daugaard
MEc BEc(Macq) CFA
Dan is the Director of the CFA Institute Partnership Program with Macquarie University and Coordinator for the Portfolio Management and Valuation and Applied Portfolio Management units. Dan was formerly an Associate Director with a large Australian fund manager and has extensive experience in managing portfolios and developing new investment products. He has also consulted to a wide range of enterprises on the use of derivative instruments and the application of investment concepts.
- Global tactical asset allocation
- Dynamic investment strategies
- Stock selection techniques for equity and fixed interest portfolios
- "Managing Trading Operations" and "The Fixed Rate Home Loan Debacle", Readings in Financial Institution Management, edited by T. Valentine and G. Ford, Allen and Unwin, 1999.
- "Capital Protection Strategies", Journal of Applied Finance and Investment, Volume 1, No. 1, May/June 1996. Financial Risk Management: A Practical Approach to Derivatives, a User's Guide for Fund Managers and Corporate Treasurers, with T. Valentine, Harper-Collins, 1995.
- "Golden Triangle - Futures, Options and Swaps", with T. Valentine, Journal of the Securities Institute of Australia, March 1993. This article earned a JASSA Merit Award in March 1994.
- "The Banks", with T. Valentine, The Australian Financial System, edited by M. Lewis and R. Wallace, Longman Cheshire, 1993.