About David Bell
David is the Chief Investment Office of Mine Wealth and Wellbeing Super Fund which has assets around $9b. In this role David is responsible for all investment activities and leads the focus on retirement outcomes. Prior to this David ran his own boutique advisory business, St Davids Rd Advisory, consulting primarily to wholesale investors, asset managers and corporate organisations across a range of different areas including hedge funds, portfolio and risk management, strategy and governance.
David also worked for 12 years at Colonial First State, the last six of which he ran the Hedge Funds business. David has previously worked in risk management, fixed interest portfolio management and corporate finance roles across the banking and funds management industry.
David is one of the founders of and a regulator contributor to Cuffelinks, a free newsletter focused on financial education.
David is a PhD candidate at UNSW where his thesis explores aspects of multi-period portfolio construction.
- Lifecycle modelling and pension fund design
- Risk management and portfolio management
- Hedge funds and asset allocation
- Academic paper, Variability in the Projected Retirement Financial Outcomes of Australians by David Bell, working paper as at 6th December 2011
- Discussion paper, Managing Liquidity Risk in Super Funds by David Bell, 19th February
- Submission, Super System (Cooper) Review Submission - Phase Three: Structure David Bell, 26th February 2010
- Submission, Super System (Cooper) Review Submission - Phase Two: Operation and Efficiency by David Bell, 18th December 2009
- Submission, Super System (Cooper) Review Submission - Phase One: Governance by David Bell, 21st October 2009