Honorary Fellow (Investment and Credit Analysis)
Macquarie Applied Finance Centre
About Roland Winn
Roland has 20 years’ investment industry experience. He is Manager of the Investment Analysis team at the Guardians of New Zealand Super, a sovereign wealth fund. He is responsible for seeking new investment strategies across all asset classes in all markets, maintaining cross-asset views to allocate the fund's risk budgets, setting investment hurdles for fund investments and providing investment advice across the fund. He is also building the fund's systematic investing programs.
Roland was formerly Head of Research Strategy and member of the Investment Committee at CP2, a global investor specialising in listed and unlisted infrastructure and global equities and was a Portfolio Manager for International Equities at Hunter Hall International Ltd. Roland also led the Corporate Advisory team at Capital Partners Pty Ltd, after joining as an Equity Analyst. His previous roles encompassed equities research, leadership of asset acquisition teams, and advice on valuations and establishment of costs of capital for pension funds and regulated entities.
Roland's expertise includes a long background in corporate finance, multi-asset strategy, and construction of global investment portfolios. Prior to joining the investment industry, Roland was in academia with a background in Corporate Finance, Investment Analysis, and Corporate Governance.
- 2001“The Impact of Lunchtime Closure on Market Behaviour: Evidence from the Sydney Futures Exchange”, Accounting & Finance 41(1), pp25-40, 2001.
- 1999 “Financial Market Reform in East Asia”, Co-Author with Department of Foreign Affairs and Trading, Australian Government Printing Service.
- 1999“Value Strategies: Australian Evidence”, with H. Berkman and T. Charara, Working Paper.
- 1997 “Periodic Return Time-Series, Capitalisation Adjustments and Beta Estimation”, Report prepared for the Australian Stock Exchange, (with E. Jarnecic and M. McCorry).
- 1997 “The Effect of Information Motivated Trading Halts on Price Discovery: Evidence from the Australian Stock Exchange”, Working Paper (with M. Aitken and A. Frino).
- 1996 “Australia’s Financial Markets: Function, Structure and Contribution to the Economy”, Report commissioned by the Australian Financial Markets Association in submission to the Financial System (‘Wallis’) Inquiry (with P. Martin)
- 1996 “Consensus Analysts’ Earnings Forecasts and Security Returns”, Asia-Pacific Journal of Management, Vol. 13(2), pp101-110 (with M. Aitken and A. Frino).