Senior Lecturer (Financial instruments, Finance principles)
Macquarie Applied Finance Centre
About Shane Magee
PhD MAppFin(Macq) BCom(Newcastle)
Shane is the Program Director of the Graduate Certificate of Finance and teaches in the Financial Instruments and Finance Principles units. Before joining the Macquarie Applied Finance Centre, Shane worked in the finance industry for more than 10 years. He held roles including Senior Vice President in the Corporate Treasury division of Citigroup. His industry experience includes responsibility for funding, managing currency and interest rate risks, liquidity management, funds transfer pricing and capital planning.
- Financial risk management for both non-financial companies and financial institutions
- Risk governance in financial institutions
- Corporate governance
- International Compliance with new Basel Accord Principles for Risk Governance with Elizabeth Sheedy and Sue, in press with Accounting & Finance
- The Effect of Foreign Currency Hedging on the Probability of Financial Distress (2013), Accounting & Finance
- Foreign Currency Hedging and Firm Value: A Dynamic Panel Approach (2013), in Advances in Risk Management, J.A. Batten, P. MacKay, and N.F. Wagner eds, Palgrave MacMillan.