Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance
The Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance specialising in Business Valuation is a program to develop applied valuation skills in professional services and other specialist firms, project evaluation and equity or investment banking analysis. Whether valuing a potential acquisition target or a private company, or undertaking an impairment review, this course will equip participants with the expertise to carry out a full range of valuation tasks.
The Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance specialising in Business Valuation equips you for roles where valuation is an important core skill. These roles include:
- Equity analyst
- Investment banking analyst
- Project evaluation and business development analyst
- Valuation analyst
Program of study
|Compulsory units||Portfolio Management and Valuation (four credit points)|
Corporate Finance (four credit points)
Advanced Valuation for Corporate Finance (two credit points)
Applied Business Valuation (two credit points)
Investment and Credit Analysis (two credit points)
|One unit from||Capital Allocation Strategies (two credit points)|
Private Equity Investment (two credit points)
Resource Industry Investment Analysis (two credit points)
|Total credit points||16|
Insights about Business Valuation
- Download the Business Valuation flyer
- Business Valuation Australia spoke with Tony Carlton, Program Director for Corporate Finance, MAFC, for Expert Perspectives on the State of Valuation in Australia, Vol. 3, No. 2, April 2016, 2 Qtr.
- Business Valuation Australia provided insight on the MAFC Finance Professionals' Seminar 'Perspectives on the State of Valuation in Australia'. Chaired by Tony Carlton and panel of experts Steve Bishop, Paul Brunker and Stephen Reid. New Degree Program at Macquarie U. Connects Corporate Finance and Valuation Professions PDF, 131.07 KB, Vol. 3, No. 1, January 2016, 1 Qtr.
Assistant Manager, Corporate Advisory, William Buck
Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance (Business Valuation), Current Student
“I chose the Business Valuation specialisation in order to enhance my corporate valuation skills in a short period of time, as valuation assignments form a significant part of my corporate advisory role at William Buck.”