Corporate Financial Strategy (AFCP861)
A company's financial strategy requires simultaneous decisions about capital structure, dividend and capital management, cash levels, financial risk profile and target credit rating. All of these decisions must be made in the context of the company's operating performance and growth strategies. Taking the CFO perspective, this unit will give students the opportunity to analyse and develop a company's preferred financial strategy. This unit should appeal to those involved in developing financial strategy for corporations, and investment and corporate bankers who might advise CFOs on financial strategy. The unit also addresses issues in: managing external stakeholders, particularly investor relations; risk allocation between various stakeholders; and the role of complex financial structures. Although the unit will take a strategic perspective, students will be able to develop financial modelling skills to support the necessary analysis.
- Analyse and explain the types of decisions required to integrate financial strategy that support organisational objectives, and recognise the role of financial markets.
- Critically evaluate trade-offs in developing corporate financial strategy, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Identify and critically assess the impact of risk on the design of corporate financial strategy.
- Explain and critically assess vanilla and non-vanilla financing products in developing financial strategy.
- Identify and resolve issues in developing financial strategy for offshore operations.
- Elements of Financial Strategy: Alternatives and Trade-offs
- Modelling Tools to Help in Designing Financial Strategy
- Designing Complex Capital Structures
- Capital Structures in Multinationals
- Managing Stakeholders (Particularly Shareholders)
- Admission to Master of Applied Finance or Master of Applied Finance (Advanced) or Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and
- Corporate Finance (ECFS866)
- Corporate Financial Strategy - 2019. The link will provide a list of guides for this unit. If the desired term/location is not listed, please view the latest one available.