Individual Research Project A (AFCP865)
This unit is an alternative to a coursework elective for students with a minimum Credit grade average, and who have completed an elective unit relevant to the area of the research topic prior to enrolment. Two options are available:
Option #1: Identify an industry issue from the field of applied finance, critically analyse its current status, present and critically evaluate possible responses. Students are required to analyse the current state of industry practice, and critically review both the academic and industry relevant literature. Where appropriate, the research project should include a case study or pilot empirical analysis. Successful students will have the opportunity to undertake a more detailed investigation using quantitative analysis, or resolution by developing an analytical or other solution, by enrolling in Individual Research Project B (AFCP866).
Option #2: Produce a business case study, focusing on an applied industry issue and an individual organisation affected by that issue. The case study will be informed by reviewing relevant literature and interviewing industry practitioners, and will cover the current status of the issue and the implications for the organisation. A critical analysis of the issue will be provided by a supporting case study explanatory note. This option will not be recognised as a prerequisite for enrolment in Individual Research Project B (AFCP866).
- Ability to undertake independent original research, including critical analysis and the application of theory and practice.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues involved in the research topic, the relevant academic literature, current debate as well as relevant principles taught in the MAF units.
- Application of good academic research practice, including ability to source and appropriately acknowledge sources and references.
- Able to communicate to a diverse audience the nature of the research topic, its importance and issues involved in resolving or addressing the research topic.
- Admission to Master of Applied Finance or Master of Applied Finance (Advanced) or Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance
Note: Enrolment in this unit is subject to approval from the Executive Dean of the Faculty.
- Individual Research Project A - 2018. The link will provide a list of guides for this unit. If the desired term/location is not listed, please view the latest one available.