Individual Research Project B (AFCP866)
In Individual Research Project A (AFCP865) Option #1, students will have identified and analysed, in depth, an industry issue. In this unit, students will use problem solving research skills to resolve the issue(s) identified. The research skills can draw on quantitative or statistical techniques, qualitative techniques such as surveys, clinical methods such as case studies or analytical techniques. The research project requires a student to apply research skills and creative problem solving skills, and consider the industry relevance of selected methods. Prior to commencing the research paper, students should have an agreed supervisor, and a work plan approved by the supervisor. Enrolment in this unit is subject to approval by the Program Director of the Master of Applied Finance. This research paper is an alternative to a coursework elective.
- Ability to undertake independent original research, including critical analysis and the application of theory and practice.
- Ability to use critical thinking and creative problem solving skills in the application of quantitative, qualitative or analytical techniques to address an issue in applied finance.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues involved in the research topic, the relevant academic literature, current debate as well as relevant principles taught in the MAF units.
- Application of good academic research practice, including ability to source and appropriately acknowledge sources and references.
- Use of quantitative and/or analytical skills to address and resolve a selected issue in applied finance.
- Able to communicate to a diverse audience the nature of the research topic, its importance and issues involved in resolving or addressing the research topic.
- Admission to Master of Applied Finance or Master of Applied Finance (Advanced) and
- Individual Research Project A (AFCP865)
Note: Enrolment in this unit is subject to approval from the Executive Dean of the Faculty.
- Individual Research Project B - The link will provide a list of guides for this unit. If the desired term/location is not listed, please view the latest one available.