Investment and Credit Analysis (AFCP854)
This unit covers the use of advanced financial analysis and modelling techniques in corporate finance applications, and is designed for students interested in analyst roles in equity and credit analysis, banking or consulting environments. Building on concepts introduced in Corporate Finance (ECFS866), this unit complements other Corporate Finance electives. The unit will allow students to explore the linkage between a company's strategy and industry competitive structure, and financial performance. We will analyse financial performance by demonstrating financial analysis techniques, and assess the impact of accounting issues in analysing a company's financial results. The unit will explore how financial modelling can be used to assist in addressing these issues.
- The crux of this unit is for students to be able to determine the robustness of cashflow forecasts for a given industry or strategy.
- Develop more advanced modelling and forecasting skills.
- Students should be able to apply a range of credit risk metrics to a series of forecast financial results.
- Industry and Strategic Analysis
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Matching Strategy to Financial Performance
- Robust Financial Modelling
- Equity Valuation Analysis
- Risk to Cashflows and Credit Analysis
- Admission to Master of Applied Finance or Master of Applied Finance (Advanced) or Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and
- Portfolio Management and Valuation (AFCP801) or Corporate Finance (ECFS866)