Private Wealth Management (ECFS906)
This unit builds on concepts covered in core units and incorporates the provision of private wealth management advice to investors. Aspects relating to client engagement and retention from the viewpoint of a private wealth manager will be covered and this is also contrasted and applied to other forms of advice delivery such as superannuation funds, SMSF, mass customised advice and robo-advice. A particular focus is on development and delivery of advice for long term investing e.g. saving to fund expenditure in retirement. Aspects of behavioural finance, fiduciary duties and responsibilities, and investment governance as it relates to the private wealth context will also be examined.
- Understand and accurately explain major current issues facing private wealth managers and their clients.
- Understand and accurately explain relevant regulatory, market and client requirements.
- Distinguish the key attributes of alternative PWM techniques including their appropriate applications and limitations.
- Demonstrate an appropriate understanding of key business drivers and sensitivities within various private wealth management business models and appropriately explain key issues.
- Understand and adequately explain the importance of behavioural issues in private wealth management.
- Demonstrate an appropriate understanding of a number of current topics covered in Contemporary Issues and how they may impact the private wealth management industry.
- Understand, apply and interpret strategies to manage a client’s portfolio.
- The Private Wealth Management Industry Today
- Overview of Advice Channels
- Life Cycle Investing – Why People Save and Invest
- Client Acquisition and Retention
- Ascertaining and Meeting Client Needs
- Portfolio Construction and Taxes
- Insurance and Annuities
- Contemporary Issues
- Behavioural Finance and Individual Investors
- Compliance, Regulations and Ethics
- Admission to Master of Applied Finance or Master of Applied Finance (Advanced) or Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and
- Portfolio Management and Valuation (AFCP801) or Investments (ECFS865)
- Private Wealth Management - 2018. The link will provide a list of guides for this unit. If the desired term/location is not listed, please view the latest one available.